A small committee group met via Zoom on 6 September, noting absences from several members enjoying much needed holiday breaks. Cheltenham Spa Station forecourt and Honeybourne line extension Committee…Campaign news
Cheltenham & Tewkesbury Cycling Campaign
Helping make Cheltenham and Tewkesbury cycling friendly towns, where everyone feels able to cycle from their front door to wherever they want to go.
Find the best routes for you
HIGH QUALITY CYCLE MAPS OF EASY ROUTES AND VIDEO PREVIEWS OF POPULAR SECTIONS
Discover how great it could be
WITH THE RIGHT PLANNING, INVESTMENT AND LEADERSHIP, EVERYONE CAN ENJOY CYCLING
Build your skills to go further
GAIN CONFIDENCE TO TAKE ON BUSIER ROADS AND DIFFERENT ROUTES
Our latest news (Full archive here)
Completing a link from the Cheltenham Spa railway station car park to the A40 Lansdown Road has been a campaign priority for many years for the cycle campaign. It opens up a safe access route from sou…Campaign news
Proposals for crossings and narrow shared paths for Shurdington Road near Leckhampton school, Badgeworth Road access to Arle Court underpasses, updates on the station and cycling UK affiliation.Campaign news
Everyone should be able to cycle from where they live to…
Easy journeys to wherever people work, care or volunteer, in and around our towns.
Safe routes to cycle to school, with every secondary school pupil able to cycle on their own.
Enjoyable trips for shopping, entertainment and meeting friends out and about.
Cycle-accessible onward connections for train and bus journeys from all transport hubs.
We want to see the right environment on the streets around Cheltenham and Tewkesbury for people to comfortably choose to make a 2 to 3 mile journey by cycle, with safe and direct routes, and secure parking when they get there.
We also want to encourage those who are not as confident that cycling is for them, whilst not creating barriers for more experienced cyclists who want to go further.
Gloucestershire Major Projects Scrutiny
With both technical experts and experts by experience, we are an active consultee in major highways and residential projects by Gloucestershire County Council, and Cheltenham and Tewkesbury Borough Councils. We’ll also provide issue summaries to help inform your responses to consultations. Current schemes include M5 Junction 10, the Cheltenham Spa Station Upgrade and the B4063 Cheltenham-Gloucester cycle route.
Investing in cycling and cycle infrastructure benefits everyone.
- Practical; for all of the other benefits, when the environment is right, cycling is just a simple, practical way of getting around for a lot of us.
- Fairness; not everyone owns a car, and cycling allows everyone to get where they want to quickly.
- Wellness; being able to get around by cycling is an easy way to find time for physical activity in your day.
- Business; data now shows cycle lanes increase spending in local shops.
- Economy; spending on cycle routes has a high cost:benefit ratio, reducing congestion and health costs.
- Sustainability; we need to reduce our CO2 emissions, and swapping short journeys to cycle has a huge impact.
- Noise; take a moment to notice how our towns are full of the noise of cars. Cycling quietens our streets, and it’s much easier to say hello.